Structural equation modeling of sales people performance in the company of business to business
The purpose of this research examines the pattern of adaptive selling against performance of sales suite. By using Structural Equation Modeling (SEM), it reveals that sales people performance influenced by the ability to monitor and to modify motivation in practicing adaptive selling behavior. Therefore, there should be a training syllabus, which in the end can be used as an evaluation of the performance of employees.
Keywords: SEM, Adaptive Selling, sales people performance, Relationship Initiative, Moderating
Andri Wibowo Susilo, Hengky Supit, Sri Wahyuni Astuti, Bambang Widjanarko Otok. Using Moringa leaf extract as biostimulant and giberrellic acid for enhancing Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare var. azoricum mill.) growth and oil yield. Acta Scientiae et Intellectus, 3(2)2017, 7-17.
- Blackshear & Plank (1994). The impact of adaptive selling on sales effectiveness within the pharmaceutical industry. Journal of marketing – theory and practice. Summer 1994.
- Brown, T.A., (2006). Confirmatory Factory Analysis for Applied Research. The Guilford Press, New York.
- Chakrabarty, S., Diana, O. & Gene, B., (2008). The impact of supervisory adaptive selling and supervisor feedback on salesperson performance. Industrial Marketing Management, vol. 37, pp. 447–454.
- Chakrabarty, S., Gene B. & Robert W., (2010). Demographic antecedents to the practice on adaptive selling. Marketing Management Journal, Volume 20, issue 2, pages 108-118.
- Chakrabarty, S., Gene B., Robert W. & Ronald T., (2004). Analysis and recommendations for the alternative measures of adaptive selling. Journal of Personal Selling &Sales Management, vol. xxiv, no. 2 (spring 2004), pp. 125–133.
- Eddy, P., Rusdi, N.H., dan Bambang., W.O., (2015). Moderating Regional Tax Regulation on Service Quality to Taxpayerr Compliance Using Partial Least Square. International Journal of Academic Research. Baku Azerbaijan.
- Eveleth, D. & Linda, M., (2002). Adaptive selling in a call center environment: a qualitative investigation. Journal of Interactive Marketing, vol. 16, number 1.
- Giacobbe, R., Donald J., Lawrence C. & Claudia. B., (2006). A contingency approach to adaptive selling behavior and sales performance: selling situations and salesperson characteristics Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management, vol. xxvi, no. 2, pp. 115–142.
- Jaramillo, F., William L., Paul S. & Eric H., (2007). Getting the job done: the moderating role of initiative on the relationship between intrinsic motivation and adaptive selling. Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management, vol. xxvii, no. 1, pp. 59–74.
- Joreskog, K.G., (1970), “A general method for estimating a linear structural equation system”, Educational Testing Service, Princeton, New Jersey.
- Levy, P.S., and Stanley, L., (1999). Sampling of Populations: Methods and Applications. Third Edition. John Wiley and Sons. Inc. New York.
- Mulaik, S.A, (2009), Linear Causal Modeling with Structural Equation, Chapman and Hall, USA.
- Park, J &Betsy Holloway (2003). Adaptive selling behavior revisited: an empirical examination of learning orientation, sales performance, and job satisfaction. Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management, summer 2003, vol. xxiii, no.3, pp. 239-251.
- Park, J. &George D. (2006). The effect of working relationship quality on salesperson performance and job satisfaction: adaptive selling behavior in core an auto mobile sales representatives. Journal of Business Research, vol. 59 (2006), pp. 204-213.
- Pettijohn, C., Taylor A., Bruce K., (2000). Adaptive selling and sales performance: an empirical examination. The Journal of Applied Business Research, vol. 16, no.1, pp. 91-111.
- Porter, S., Joshua W., Gary F., (2003). The moderating effect of selling situation on the adaptive selling strategy–selling effectiveness relationship. Journal of Business Research, vol. 56, pp. 275-281.
- Raykov, T. and Marcoulides, G.R., (2006), A First Course in Structural Equation Modeling, Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, USA.
- Román, S. & Dawn L. (2010). Antecedents and consequences of adaptive selling confidence and behavior: a dyadic analysis of sales people and their customers. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science (2010), vol. 38, pp. 363-382.
- Sharma, A., (2001) Consumer decision-making, sales people’s adaptive selling and retail performance. Journal of Business Research, vol. 54, pp. 125– 129.
- Usman, M.N, Thoyib A., dan Otok, B.W., (2014). E-Government Moderator in Reliability on Satisfaction and Its Implication Toward Citizen Loyalty in Government Public Service of Surabaya City. International Journal of Academic Research. Baku Azerbaijan.