Improvement of teacher pedagogic competency of elementary school in North Barito Regency through the leadership of headmaster
The leadership of the school headmaster also plays a role as a driving force for school resources, especially teachers and school employees. The success or failure of school activities is largely determined by the quality of leadership possessed by the school headmaster. To carry out the roles and functions as a manager, the school headmaster must have the right strategy to empower education personnel through cooperation, provide opportunities for education personnel to improve their professions, and encourage the involvement of all education personnel in various activities that support school programs. Empowering education personnel through cooperation means that in increasing the professionalism of educational personnel in schools, the headmaster must prioritize cooperation with education personnel and other parties involved in carrying out each activity. Providing opportunities for education personnel to improve their professions, as a manager, headmaster must improve their professions persuasively and from a prudent heart. Encouraging the involvement of all education personnel, the headmaster must strive to encourage the involvement of all education personnel in every activity in the school.
Keywords: leadership, headmaster, teacher, competency, elementary school
Muran, Holten Sion, Netto W.S. Rahan, Yetrie Ludang, Joni Bungai, Misrita. Improvement of teacher pedagogic competency of elementary school in North Barito Regency through the leadership of headmaster. Acta Scientiae et Intellectus, 7(2)2021, 195-203.
- Ery Hartati, Holten Sion, Yetrie Ludang, Sri Endang Mugi Rahayu, Wahyu Edy Setiawan, Indrawan Permana Kamis (2020). The importance of headmaster school leadership and teacher work motivation in Palangka Raya. Acta Scientiae et Intellectus, 6(1): 26-37.
- Kartono, Kartini (2008): Pemimpin dan Kepemimpinan. Jakarta: PT. Raja Grafindo Persada.
- Ludang, Y. (2010). A brief review on the role of community to lessen the rate of global warming. Middle East Journal of Scientific Research, 6(1): 69-75.
- Ludang, Y.S. Mangkoedihardjo, W. Hadi, S. Jarias (2011). Biodiversity of city phytostructure by incorporating indigenous knowledge for the city of Palangka Raya, Indonesia. International Journal of Academic Research, 3(6): 289-292.
- Regulation of the Minister of National Education of the Republic of Indonesia Number 16 of 2007 concerning Academic Qualification and Teacher Competency standards.
- Sadulloh, Uyoh (2010). PEDAGOGIK (Ilmu Mendidik). Bandung: Alfabeta.
- Sion, H. (2016). Hubungan antara Komitmen dan Kepuasan Kerja Guru dengan Performans Mengajar Guru SDN di Daerah Terpencil. Jurnal Ilmu Pendidikan, 13(1): 51-55.
- Wahjosumidjo (2011). Kepemimpinan Kepala Sekolah.PT. RajaGrafindo Persada,Jakarta.
- Yulite, Yetrie Ludang, Holten Sion, Sri Endang Mugi Rahayu, Luluk Tri Harinie, Soaloon Sinaga (2020). The influence of the supervision of headmaster on teacher performance in Katingan regency. Acta Scientiae et Intellectus, 6(1): 120-135.