Determination of psychological endurance perception according to some variables in sports workers
The aim of this study is to determine the psychological endurance of sports employees. For this purpose, the "Psychological Endurance Scale" for Adults developed by Friborg (2005) was applied to 151 sports employees working in Antalya, Muğla and Kutahya Youth Services and Sports Provincial Directorate. SPSS 23.0 statistical package program was used in the analysis of the data obtained from the study. In the evaluation of the data, Kolmogorov-Smirnov and Shapiro-Wilk normality tests were applied after the mean, standard deviation, frequency analysis. However, it was determined that the data were not normally distributed (p> 0.05). Mann-Whitney U Test, Kruskal-Wallis Test, Chi-square Test, Pearson correlation test statistic were used at a significant level (0,05) to determine the correlation and correlation among variables. As a result, there has been no significant difference between gender, age, educational status, title, the working duration in the institution, the duration of professional working, the level of income and psychological endurance of sports employees. However, there has been a significant difference between monthly wages and Social Resources from Sub-Dimension of Psychological Endurance Level of sports employees. It can be said that the highest score of sports employees whose monthly income is 3001 Turkish lira or more shows that they have more social resources than others. There is a weak negative correlation between the title and the Family compatibility from Sub-Dimension of Psychological Endurance Level of Sports Employees. There is a weak positive correlation between the duration of professional working and the Family compatibility from Sub-Dimension of Psychological Endurance Level of Sports Employees. While the duration of the professional working of sports employees increases, the family compatibility can increase accordingly.
Keywords: Sport, Psychological Endurance, Sports Employees
Abdurrahman Kepoğlu, Senol Yanar, Ilker Gunel. Determination of psychological endurance perception according to some variables in sports workers. Acta Scientiae et Intellectus, 3(4)2017, 42-55.
- Basim N., Cetin F. (2010). Yetiskinler Icin Psikolojik Dayaniklilik Olceğinin Guvenirlilik ve Gecerlilik Calismasi, Turk Psikiyatri Dergisi Cilt 22, s.1-9.
- Bayansalduz, M. (2012). Analyzing the relationship between task and ego orientation, collective efficacy and perceived coaching behavior: A research on footballers. Energy Education Science and Technology Part B-Social and Educational Studies, 4(1), 481-494.
- Bayansalduz, M. (2014). An Investigation into the State-Trait Anger Expression Level of Taekwondo Students Attending High School. Anthropologist, 18(3), 921-926.
- Bingol, E., Bayansalduz, M. (2016). Evaluating the Level of Exercise Dependence and Psychological Resilience of Athletes from Different Branches. Anthropologist, 24(3), 827-35.
- Bulbul, A. (2015). Tenis ve Basketbol Sporcularinin Psikolojik Dayaniklilik Seviyelerinin Incelenmesi ve Karsilastirilmasi, Unpublished Master Thesis, Gediz Universtesi, Sağlik Bilimleri Enstitusu, Istanbul.
- Can, Y., Soyer, F., Bayansalduz M. (2009). "Sporcuların iş tatmini ile lider bağlılığı ve örgütsel bağlılık duyguları arasındaki ilişkilerin incelenmesi." Beden Egitimi ve Spor Bilimleri Dergisi 3:3.
- Friborg, O.O., Barlaug, D., Martinussen, M., Rosenvinge, J. H. Ve Hjemdal, O. (2005). Resilience in Relation to Personality and Intelligence, International Journal of Metods in Psychiatric Research, Vol:14, No:1, s.29-42.
- Gungormus, K., Okanli, A., Kocabeyoğlu T. (2015). Hemsirelik Oğrencilerinin Psikolojik Dayanikliliklari ve Etkileyen Faktorler, Psikiyatri Hemsireliği Dergisi, Cilt:6, No:1, s:9-14.
- Kahraman, N. (2016). Kamu Ağiz ve Dis Sağliği Merkezi Calisanlarinin Psikolojik Dayaniklilik Duzeyleri, Unpublished Master Thesis, Gazi Universitesi, Sosyal Bilimsel Enstitusu, Ankara.
- Kucuktatligil, S. (2016). Sigorta Sirketinde Calisanlarin Psikolojik Dayaniklilik Ve Stresle Bas Etme Stratejilerinin Bazi Değiskenler Acisindan Incelenmesi, Unpublished Master Thesis, Nisantasi Universitesi, Sosyal Bilimler Enstitusu, Istanbul.
- Pistof, S., Sanli, E. (2013). Bilissel Davranisci Terapide Metafor Kullanimi, Bilissel Davranisci Psikoterapi ve Arastirmalar Dergisi (2), 182-89.
- Soyer, F., Toros, T., Bayansalduz, M. (2012)a. Relationship between goal tendency, self-respect and gender: A study on swimmers. Energy Educatıon Scıence and Technology Part B-Socıal and Educatıonal Studıes, 4(3), 1721-1726.
- Soyer, F., Bayansalduz, M., Toros, T. (2012)b. Satisfaction of psychological needs and intrinsic motivation for sport in university students. Energy Educatıon Scıence and Technology Part B-Socıal and Educatıonal Studıes, 4(4), 2517-2522.
- Terzi, S. (2005). Oznel Iyi Olmaya Iliskin Psikolojik Dayaniklilik Modeli, Doktora Tezi, Gazi Universitesi, Eğitim Bilimleri Enstitusu, Ankara.
- Tumlu, G. and Recepoğlu, E. (2013). Universite Akademik Personelin Psikolojik Dayaniklilik ve Yasam Doyumu Arasindaki Iliski, Yuksekoğretim ve Bilim Dergisi cilt: 3, sayi: 3, ss:205-13.