Artificial intelligence applications in serving the elderly and people with special needs
This study aimed to identify, and then provide critical analysis of the reality of previous studies related to the subject of artificial intelligence applications in serving the elderly and people with special needs, in order to fill the gaps, such as listing recent studies in this field, which are considered few by the researchers' viewpoint. It also aimed to identify the most prominent results and recommendations reached by these studies, which focus on artificial intelligence applications in serving the elderly and people with special needs and identify the applications of artificial intelligence in serving the elderly and people with special needs reached by the previous studies, which can contribute to providing services to the elderly and people with special needs. In order to achieve such objectives, the descriptive, analytical, documentary method. The study concluded that the use of artificial intelligence techniques helps the elderly with cognitive impairment by assuring that the old person is safe and carrying out all necessary daily activities, and if this is not the case, then alerting the caregiver, helping the elderly and people with special needs to compensate for their weakness, helping in performing daily activities, and evaluating the cognitive state of the elderly. Artificial intelligence applications, such as the use of smart visual aids for the blind, animations for the deaf, and other means that help to achieve improved social-psychological integration, can be used to plan and develop life activities that enable individuals with special needs to better interact with others. It also helps provide community contributions from normal people to achieve effective communication between these groups and normal individuals in society. Artificial intelligence applications have a role that cannot be overlooked in the lives of people with special needs, whether on a personal, academic or even social level.
Keywords: Artificial Intelligence Applications, the elderly, People with Special Needs
Adel Al-Zahrany, Abdullah Safhy. Artificial intelligence applications in serving the elderly and people with special needs. Acta Scientiae et Intellectus, 6(4)2020, 151-164.
- Abdul Latif, Osama Jibril Ahmed (2019). The Effectiveness of an Artificial Intelligence-Based Teaching System for Developing a Deep Understanding of Nuclear Interactions and Self-Learning Ability among High School Students, Journal of Scientific Research in Education, Ain Shams University - Girls College of Arts, Sciences and Education.
- Abu Bakr, Khawaldeh, (2019): Applications of Artificial Intelligence as a Modern Direction to Enhance Competitiveness Business Organizations, Arab Democratic Center for Strategic, Economic and Political Studies, Berlin, Germany.
- Al-Assaf, Salih Muhammad (2012). Introduction to research in behavioral sciences, Al-Obeikan, Riyadh.
- Al-Farrani, Lina Ahmed (2020). Artificial intelligence based on Micro: bit machine learning to develop programming skills and measure the motivation of first-grade secondary school female students, International Journal of Educational and Psychological Sciences IJEPS, Issue (3), Vol. 29.
- Al-Ghamdy, Samia Fadel (2020). The reality of using artificial intelligence applications in private education schools in Jeddah from the teachers ’point of view and the direction towards it, International Journal of Educational and Psychological Studies, Rafad Center for Studies and Research, Vol. 8, Issue 1.
- Al-Hujaily, Samar bint Ahmed Suleiman, (2020); Artificial Intelligence in Education in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, The Arab Journal of Education, Vol. IV, Issue 11.
- Applications de l’intelligence artificielle https://bit.ly/3qyxFSY
- Barrett M. Branson L. Carter (2019). Using Artificial Intelligence to Enhance Educational Opportunities and Student Services in Higher Education Inquiry the Journal of the Virginia Community Colleges 22(1),11.
- Desouky, Hanan Fawzi Abu Al-Ela (2020). Psychosocial integration of people with special needs in light of the applications of artificial intelligence, a future vision, Arab Journal of Disability and Talent Sciences, Vol. IV - Issue 14 November.
- Fouad, Nevin, (2017), The Machine Between Natural and Artificial Intelligence, a comparative study, Journal of Scientific Research in Literature, Vol. 13, Issue 3.
- Hana Afif, (2019) L’Intelligence Artificielle: Fondements Théoriques, Domaine d’Application Et Marchés. https://bit.ly/3lO173U
- Ikedinachi A.P. Misra, (2019). Artificial Intelligence Smart Classrooms and Online Education in the 21st Century Implications for Human Development. Journal of Cases on Information Technology (JCIT 21), (3)66-76.
- Julie Bouchard (2011). L’intelligence Artificielle au Service des Personnes Alzheimers Et De Leurs Proches Artificial Intelligence for Alzheimers Patient’s and Their Relatives Université du Québec à Chicoutimi.
- Aisha Saleh Al-Ghamdi (2018). Challenges and threats affecting information security in cloud computing. Acta Scientiae et Intellectus, 6 (2020), 6, 98-120.
- Mejahid, Fayza Ahmed Al-Husseini (2020). Applications of Artificial Intelligence and the Development of Life Skills for People with Special Needs: Future Review, International Journal of Research in Educational Sciences, Future Prospects International Foundation, Vol. 3, Issue 1.
- Sheikh, Hajira (2018). The Role of Artificial Intelligence in Managing Electronic Customer Relationships for the Popular Credit of Algerian (CPA), Academic Journal of Human and Social Studies, Vol. 10, Issue 20, L'Université Hassiba Ben Bouali Chlef, Algeria.