Information security in cloud computing reality and expectations
The world is no longer what it was after the great development in technology in general and the Internet in particular. This development contributed to the diversity of information sources and the variation in its consciousness and flow in huge quantities. Cloud computing brought about a qualitative shift in technical thought as it helped to bridge the distance and brought time closer. Cloud computing became an essential engine for the economies of countries as it played a ley role in decision-making and formed the basis of knowledge, while recognizing and rejecting borders. Language barriers, and I do not exaggerate when I say fairly that it is a living organism that grows, develops and expands. But on the other hand, they face security challenges that concern its users.
The paper aimed to study the security challenges in cloud computing such that intellectual production is limited to the knowledge of the researcher from 2010 to 2020. A total of 11 studies were analyzed using the descriptive survey method, and then the shortcomings were identified for finding effective solutions, hoping to enrich scientific research, which suffers from shortcomings in this aspect in light of the recent era of cloud computing.
It is worth mentioning that the majority of the findings of the studies referred to the security challenge as a dilemma suffered by users of cloud computing. These studies also proposed solutions through which it is possible to overcome this problem. Some studies suggested practical scientific suggestions and recommended the use of logarithms to provide protection. Some have also suggested multiple steps for computing such as three stages of encryption to ensure that cloud computing is not broken into and that access to private information remains confidential.
This paper found that the biggest challenge facing cloud computing is information security and that a combination of multiple steps of entry and encryptions and the use of algorithms is an important solution to resolving security challenges.
Keywords: Cloud Computing, Information Security, Data Protection, Threat Detection
Nabih S. Saaty. Information security in cloud computing reality and expectations. Acta Scientiae et Intellectus, 6(4)2020, 136-150.
- Hasina, Smoke & Munya, Baali. (2017). The use of cloud computing in education. International scientific forum around.
- Dr. Ali Bin Dheeb Al-Adabi. (2019). Big data and decision-making at King Saud University: an evaluation study of the masteringsystem. Journal of Information Studies & Technology (JIS&T), 2018(2), 15.
- Alamer, A., & Soh, B. (2020). FEATHER: A Proposed Lightweight Protocol for Mobile Cloud Computing Security. Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research, 10(4), 6116-6125.
- Backe, A., & Lindén, H. (2015). Cloud computing security: a systematic literature review.
- Bunkar, R.K., & Rai, P.K. (2017). Study on security model in cloud computing. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science, 8(7).
- Detlor, B., Hupfer, M.E., Ruhi, U., & Zhao, L. (2013). Information quality and community municipal portal use. Government Information Quarterly, 30(1), 23-32.
- Farooq, H. (2017). A review on cloud computing security using authentication techniques. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science, 8(2).
- Hinton, M. (June, 2006). Introducing information management: the business approach. M.K, UK: Oxford Routledge.
- Ibrahim, D.S. (2019). Enhancing Cloud Computing Security using Cryptography & Steganography. Iraqi Journal of Information Technology, 9(3 English), 191-224.
- Jing, X., & Jian-Jun, Z. (2010, August). A brief survey on the security model of cloud computing. In 2010 ninth international symposium on distributed computing and applications to business, engineering and science (pp. 475-478). IEEE.
- Kuyoro, S.O., Ibikunle, F., & Awodele, O. (2011). Cloud computing security issues and challenges. International Journal of Computer Networks (IJCN), 3(5), 247-255.
- Patel, K., & Alabisi, A. (2019). Cloud Computing Security Risks: Identification and Assessment. The Journal of New Business Ideas & Trends, 17(2), 11-19.
- Popović, K., & Hocenski, Ž. (2010, May). Cloud computing security issues and challenges. In The 33rd international convention mipro (pp. 344-349). IEEE.
- Puthal, D., Sahoo, B.P., Mishra, S., & Swain, S. (2015, January). Cloud computing features, issues, and challenges: a big picture. In 2015 International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Networks (pp. 116-123). IEEE.
- Singh, S., Jeong, Y.S., & Park, J.H. (2016). A survey on cloud computing security: Issues, threats, and solutions. Journal of Network and Computer Applications, 75, 200-222.