The development of an integrated thematic model through scientific approach based value of inquiry in Blitar, East Java
The long-term aim of this research is to obtain a learning model that can promote the integrated thematic learning competence through scientific approach to the students at the primary school age. This research used a model development by Borg and Gall. The results showed that; (1) the integrated thematic model through scientific approach based value of inquiry was an alternative model learning which can help the students in learning not only by memorizing but also by doing, experiencing, proving, and dialoging; (2) from the students’ activities it was found that there was any improvements in solving problems in group; (3) the students’ creativities indicated the improvements in learning style in which at the beginning, the students’ learning style were coming, sitting, writing, and memorizing, then it changed into observing, identifying, analyzing, comparing, and proving; (4) it built an enjoyable community. Moreover, the result of the study showed the excellent highest percentage (85%-100%). This study was in the form of CD which contains integrated thematic learning strategy through scientific approach based value of inquiry.
Keywords: integrated thematic learning, scientific approach
Widayati. The development of an integrated thematic model through scientific approach based value of inquiry in Blitar, East Java. Acta Scientiae et Intellectus, 2(1)2016, 36-48.
- Daryanto. 2014. Toward Ready Curriculum 2013. Yogyakarta: Gava Media.
- Department of Education and Culture. 2013. Public Testing Materials Curriculum 2013. Jakarta: The Department of Education and Culture.
- Ministry of Education and Culture. 2013. Curriculum 2013. Jakarta: Ministry of Education.
- Elmubarok, Zaim. Grounding 2008. Values, Bandung: Publisher Alfabeta.
- Hoesnan. 2014. Scientific and Contextual Approach in the 21st Century Learning Bogor. Ghalia Indonesia.
- Kasihani.2009. Learning models. Malang: State University of Malang.
- Mulyasa, E. 2003.Competency-Based Curriculum, characteristics, and its implementation. Bandung: PT. Teens Rosdakarya.
- Nurhadi, 2004.Contextual Learning and Its Application in the CBC. Malang: Publisher. Malang State University.
- Sani.R. Abdullah, 2014. Scientific Learning. Jakarta: PT. Bumi Script.
- Sukmadinata, Nana Syaodih.2009. Educational Research Methods. Bandung: Publisher: PT. Teens Rosda paper.
- Suparno.2009. Guidelines of Education State University of Malang. Malang: Bureau of Academic Administration, Student Affairs, Planning and Information Systems University of Malang.
- Wahab, A. Azis. 1997. Pancasila and Citizenship Education. Jakarta: Ministry of Education Directorate General of Higher Education.
- W. Gulo 2005. Teaching and Learning Strategies. Jakarta: Grasindo.
- Widayati, Imam Nawawi, Suminah. 2011. Research Development Model-Based Inquiry Learning Civics value. Malang: Research Institute of the State University of Malang.