Women in the political development of Nigeria: the goodluck Jonathan Presidency
This paper deals with the steady-state solution of the queueing system: MX/Hk /1/N with reneging in which (i) units arrive in batches of random size with the interarrival times of batches following negative exponential distribution, (ii) the batches are served in order of their arrival; and (iii) the service time distribution is hyperexponential with k branches. Recurrence relations connecting the various probabilities introduced are found. Some measures of effectiveness are deduced and some special cases are also obtained.
Keywords: queueing system: MX/Hk /1/N, hyperexponential
Jones M. Jaja. Women in the political development of Nigeria: the goodluck Jonathan Presidency. Acta Scientiae et Intellectus, 1(1), 47-57.
- Amaucheazi, E. (2001). Gender and Development: The Nigerian Women and Challenges of the New Millennium, in N.J. Ogbazi, U. Azikiwe and I. Ifelunni (eds), Studies in Gender Discrimination in the 21st Century, Cape publishers international Ltd. Owerri.
- Amucheazi, E. (1999). The Indispensability of Nigerian Women in the Positive Transformation of Rural Areas, in M.O. Ikejiani (ed), Women in Nigerian Economy, Acena Publishers, Enugu.
- Angwom, E.E. (2009). Women, Education and work in Nigeria, Education Research and Review Vol. 4, No. 4, www.academicjournals.org/err/PDF/pdf/2009/apr/anugwom pdf.
- Eze, C.A. (2008). Repositioning Nigeria Educational System for the Attainment of the Millennium Development Goals MDGs: Indigenous knowledge system and school social work in perspective, Ikenga International Journal of Institute of African Studies Vol. 10, No. 1 and 2.
- Ezeani, O.E. (1998). Gender and Political Participation in Nigeria, International Journal of Studies in the humanities (IJOSH). Vol. 1, No. 1.
- Ezeilo, J.N. (2008). Human Rights Documents Relevant to Women and Children’s Right in Nigeri, Women Aid Collective (WACOL), Nigeria.
- Federal Republic of Nigeria (FRN) (2004). National Policy on Education, 4th Edition. Abuja: Federal Government Press.
- Ikejiani-Clark, M. (2001). Gender and Culture in Nigeria, in N.J. Ogbazi, U. Azikiwe and I. Ifelunni (eds), Studies in Gender Discrimination in the 21st century, Cape Publishers International Ltd. Owerri.
- Jaja, J.M. (1996). Gender Studies and Nigerian History. Oruwari (ed.) Women Development and the Nigerian Environment Ibadan: Vantage Publishers (INT) Ltd.
- Jaja, J.M. (1999). The Charging Role of Women in Easter Niger Delta Cultural History. Journal of Gender Studies.
- Jaja, J.M. (2003). Women in Ibani History: Examples from the Realm of Politics, Economy and Religious order. Ejituwu and Gabriel (ed.) Women in History. The Rivers and Bayelsa State Experience. Port Harcourt. Onyoma Research Publishers.
- Kano, T.N. (1995). Enhancing Women’s Contribution to National Development through Relevant Curriculum, in G.A. Badmus (ed), Women Education and National Development and Crisis in Nigerian Educational system, The Nigeria Academy of Education, Abuja.
- Kubue, F.N.A (2001). Women in Society: Status, Education and Contribution to National Development. Journal of Liberal Studies (Special Edition), Vol. 9, No. 1 and 2, pp. 353-359.
- Ojieh, M.E.N. (2007). Education: An Imperative for Women empowerment and Impact in Nigeria Development, A Journal of Today’s Education, Vol. 10, No, 3.
- Onwuka, U. (2008). Igbo women in Education, in E. Otagburuagu and A.E. Afigbo (Eds), New Brides, More Hopes: Igbo Women in Socio-Economic Change, Institute of African Studies, University of Nigeria Nsukka, Nsukka.
- Ozigboh, F.U. (1998). Women’s Education in Nigeria: Issues and Problems, International Journal of Studies in the Humanities (IJOSH) Vol. 1, No. 1.
- Palmer, A. and Alma, E. (1991). Women Development and Educational Reforms: An Ethiopian Perspective, Radchff College.
- Women Advocates Research and Documentation Centre (WARDC2003), (2003). In A.A. Abiola and A. ‘Lanre (eds), Gender Audit-2003 Election and Issues in Women’s Political Participation in Nigeria. http://www.afrimap. org/english/images/documents/ file4292fanfesiga.pdf. 2003.