Theatrical expression in creative output
For the gifted, talented and creative, there are very few options. However, the theatre and drama and plays are an apt venue for their emotional and creative expression. This paper reviews this domain, and cites relevant literature and provides an in depth overview of this realm.
Keywords: creative expression, theatre, drama, plays
Nathan R. Miles. Theatrical expression in creative output. Acta Scientiae et Intellectus, 1(1), 78-90.
- Adler, S. (2000). The Art of Acting. Canada: Applause Books.
- Akhtar, A. (2013). Disgraced. New York: Back Bay Books/Little, Brown and Company. Hachette Book Group.
- Cohen, R. (1972). Acting Professionally: Raw Facts about Careers in Acting. New York: McGraw-Hill Companies.
- Csikszentmihalyi, M. (1996). Creativity: Flow and the psychology of discovery and invention. New York: Harper Collins.
- Davis, G.A., Rimm, S.B. & Siegle, D. (2011). Education of the Gifted and Talented. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey 07458: Pearson Education, Inc.
- Esper, W. and DiMarco, D. (2008). The Actor’s Art and Craft. New York: Random House.
- Feldhusen, J.F., & Treffinger, D. J. (1985). Creative thinking and problem solving in gifted education. Dubuque, IA; Kendall/Hunt.
- Hagen, S. (1973). Respect for Acting. New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Isaksen, S.G. and Gaulin, J.P. (2005). Gifted child quarterly Fall 2005, Vol. 49 No 4.
- Lindsay-Abaire, D. (2006). Rabbit Hole. New York: Theatre Communications Group, Inc.
- Meisner, S. (1987). Sanford Meisner on Acting. New York: Random House.
- Miller, A. (1953). The Crucible. New York: Penguin Group.
- Miller, A. (1949). Death of a Salesman. New York: Penguin Group.
- Osborn, A.F. (1953). Applied imagination: Principles and procedures of creative thinking. New York: Charles Scribner’s Sons.
- Shurtleff, M. (1978). Audition. United States of America: Walker Publishing Company, Inc.
- Stanislavski, C. (1936). An Actor Prepares. New York: Routledge.
- Stanislavski, C. (1936). Building a Character. New York: Routledge.
- Stanislavski, C. (1936). Creating a Role. New York: Routledge.
- Torrance, E. (1969). Creativity, what research says to the teacher, No. 28. Washington, D.C.: National Education Association.
- Wallas, G. (1926). The Art of Thought. New York; Harcourt, Brace & World.