Modeling of heat transfer phenomena in the process of coal pyrolysis
A steady state model of heat transfer phenomena coal pyrolisis in a batch reactor has been developed. The reactor was heated from the outside. The study was focussed on the heat transfer process in connection with the product distribution, especially on the tar product. Nusselt number had been choosen as the control number in the heat transfer process. From this study it is found that the highest tar product happened when the process temperature was 600 0C, the particle size was 6/8 mesh, and Nusselt Number was 253.887.
Keywords: Coal pyrolisis, heat transfer, distribution, nusselt number
Kindriari Nurma Wahyusi, Siswanto, Lucky Indrati Utami. Modeling of heat transfer phenomena in the process of coal pyrolysis. Acta Scientiae et Intellectus, 3(3)2017, 62-72.
- Balakrishnan, A.R. and David C.T. Pei, “Heat Transfer Gas-Solid Packed-Bed Systems”, The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, Vol 56, (1978)
- Bhattacharyya, D. And David C.T. Pei, “Heat Transfer in Fixed Bed Gas-Solid Systems”, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.17, (1974)
- Candra V. And Savery C.W. “Forced convection heat and mass transfer from a falling film to a laminar external boundary layer”, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.17, 1547-1557 (1974)
- Essenheigh, R.H., “Fundamental of Coal Combustion”, Chemistry of Coal Utilization, M.A. Elliot, (Ed), Wilwy, New York (1981)
- Gibbind, J and Rafael Kandiyoti, “Experimental Study of Coal Pyrolisis Using a Variabel Heating Rate Wire – Mesh Apparatus”, Chem. Eng. Dep., London, (1989).
- Heeyoung Y., James Wei and Morton M. Denn, “A Model for Moving-Bed Coal Gasification Reactors” AIChE Journal, Chemical Engineering Research and Development, 1978, (Vol.24, No.5)
- Howard, J.B., “Fundamental of Coal Pyrolisis and Hydropyrolisis” Chemistry of Coal Utilization, Second Suplementary Volume, M.A. Elliot (Ed), John Wiley and Sons., Inc., New Yorl (1981).
- Ismail, S., Machmud Hasjim, “Fuel from coal and possibilities in Indonesian coal, energy and environmental papers, National unity conference Indonesian Engineers, Surabaya (1992).
- Krevelen, D.W., “Coal”, Typology – Chemistry – Constitution, University of Technology, Delft, The Netherlands, New York, (1993).
- Richardson, F.W., “Oil from Coal”, Chemical technology Review No. 53, London, England (1975).
- Seglin, L and Sidney A. Bresler, “Chemistry of Coal Utilization”, Second Supplementary Volume, M.A. Elliot (Ed), John Wiley and Sons, Inc., New York. (1981).
- Solomon, P.R., Michael A. Serio and Eric M. Suuberg, “Coal Pyrolisis Experiment, Kinetic Rates and Mechanism”, Advanced Fuel Research, Inc., (1991).
- Wender, I., L.A. Heredy, M.B. Neuworth, dan I.G.C. Dryden, “Chemical Reaction and The Constitutions of Coal”, Chemistry of Coal Utilization, Second Supplementary Volume, M.A. Elliot (Ed), John Willey and Sons. Inc., New York (1981).