Evaluation of distance education activities generated partake of visual product by Turkish athletic federation in COVID-19 pandemic process
This study was conducted to evaluate the educational activities in the virtual environment in the visual product format organizing by the Turkey Athletics Federation Board of Education. The distance education activities of the federation were carried out online by the trainers who are experts in their fields, via the Zoom Video Communications system. An interactive education in the form of the slide presentation, verbal expression, and question-answer was provided through this system. In order to make this education, which is a visual product, more useful, the satisfaction levels of the participants were determined. After the Child Protection Program held on 26 April 2020, Performance Psychology in Sports held on 7 May 2020, and Athletics in All Aspects held on May 10, the feedback was received from the participants using the distance education visual product scale. The sample mass of the study consisted of 221 male and 91 female athletics trainers, who participated in the evaluation of the data set after the education. In data collection; The Distance Education Visual Product Scale (DEVPS), the validity and reliability of which was made by the researchers, was used. According to the results of the study, they stated that the trainers were highly satisfied with the visual product education. It is thought that customizing and increasing the quality of the distance education to be given to athletics trainers with a variety of visual products will maintain the level of satisfaction that is high enough and further increase it.
Keywords: Visual product, Distance education, Athletics Federation, Covid-19
Fatih Çintimar, Mehmet Bayansalduz, Abdurrahman Kepoglu, Senol Yanar. Evaluation of distance education activities generated partake of visual product by Turkish athletic federation in COVID-19 pandemic process. Acta Scientiae et Intellectus, 7(3)2021, 132-147.
- Bayansalduz, M., Can, Y., Toros, T., Soyer, F. (2010). Sponsorship Relations of Sports Federations and the Effect of Institutional Competence Levels on Efficiency. 16. World Productivity and European Productivity Conference, Proceedings, Pp:310-318, Antalya.
- Bayansalduz, M. (2003). Evaluating the efforts to provide financial resources in Turkish Sports management. National Education Journal, 160, 51-59.
- Binark, M. (2007). New Problems and Method Problem in New Media Studies. New Media Studies, Compiled by: Mutlu Binark, 1st Edition, Footnot Publishing, Ankara.
- Geiger, M. (1993). Aesthetic Understanding, Istanbul: Remzi Publishing House.
- Geray, H. (2003). Communication and Technology, New Media Policies in the International Accumulation Order. 1st Edition, Utopya Publications, Ankara.
- Karharman, A., Bayansalduz M. (2020). Investigation of the effect of positivepperepion and mental toughness levels on motivation of success in elite mountainrunng athletes. Acta Scientiae et Intellectus, 6; 2: 7-17.
- Kepoglu, A., Erdem, K. (2017). The Concept of "Visual Product" Concerning the Transformation of the Subject "Galatasaray-Neuchâtel Xamax Match" into an Object through Speculative thinking via the Storability Properties of the Sports Viewing Product Services. International Journal of Advanced Engineering, Management and Science. 3. 906-912. 10.24001 / ijaems.3.9.1.
- Leder H., Belke B., Oeberst A., Augustin D. (2004). “A model of aesthetic appreciation and aesthetic judgments”. British Journal of Psychology (95): 489--508.
- Lindgaard, G., Fernandes, G., Dudek, C., & Brown, J. (2006). Attention web designers: You have 50 milliseconds to make a good first impression! Behavior and Information Technology, 25 (2), 115-126. Behavior & IT.
- Markovic, S. (2012). “Components of aesthetic experience: aesthetic fascination, aesthetic appraisal, and aesthetic emotion”, i-Perception 3 (1): 1-17.
- Middendorp, J. (2009). “Form Follows Function”. Graphic Design Journal of Visual Communication Culture (29): 28-32.
- Ozboluk, T. (2015), Reinventing the Tribe in the Context of Postmodernism: Postmodern Consumer Tribes, Hacettepe University, Sociological Research E-Journal, ISSN: 1304-2823
- Reich, Y. (1993). “A Model of Aesthetic Judgment in Design”, Artificial Intelligence in Engineering (8): 141-153.
- Serarslan, M. Zahit., Kepoglu, A. (2005). “Total Quality Management in Sports Organizations (Serkep Sports Business Model), Morpa Kultur Yayinlari Ltd. Sti, Istanbul.
- Ulrich, Karl T. (2011). Design: Creation of Artifacts in Society. SSRN Electronic Journal. 10.2139 / ssrn.1951106.