Sustainable community empowerment in coal mining business in Kapuas Regency, Central Kalimantan
Coal mining activities in general include land clearing, benching system, material handling, hauling, reclamation and post-mining. Mining activities certainly have the potential to have a negative impact on the community and the surrounding environment. In addition, mining activities can cause changes in landscape and land use changes. Changes in land function are one of the consequences of mining activities that will have an impact on the welfare of the surrounding community who have long relied on the potential of natural resources where these activities are located. The people in the Kapuas area around the mining area are people with homogeneous tendencies in livelihoods and education. In this condition of the community, the company and local government have the responsibility to provide protection to the community around the mine by making development policies that favor the community through priority development programs and community empowerment.
Keywords: coal mining, business, community, empowerment, sustainable
Vent Christway, Petrus S. Senas, Abdul Mukti, Yetrie Ludang, Andrie Elia, Firlianty. Sustainable community empowerment in coal mining business in Kapuas Regency, Central Kalimantan. Acta Scientiae et Intellectus, 7(3)2021, 158-170.
- Husni Kotta, Sarwoko Mangkoedihardjo, Yetrie Ludang, Slamet Trisutomo (2018). The design of riparian zone in waterfront area of Tanjung Bunga, Makassar. International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology, 9(8): 580-584.
- Koesnadi Hardjasoemantri (2009). Hukum Tata Lingkungan, Ed. Ketujuh, Cet, 14, Gadjah Madah University Press, Yogyakarta.
- Naya, I.K., Yetrie Ludang, Kusnida Indrajaya, Wahyu Edy Setiawan, Herianto, Soaloon Sinaga (2021). Local empowerment approach in processing coconut shell waste in Sebamban Village, East Kotawaringin Regency. Acta Scientiae et Intellectus, 7(1): 23-31.
- Pelita Hati, Yetrie Ludang, Firlianty, Wahyu Edy Setiawan, Kusnida Indrajaya, Luluk Tri Harinie (2021). Community empowerment for Putra Fisherman group, East Kotawaringin Regency - a theoretical approach. Acta Scientiae et Intellectus, 7(1): 43-53.
- PM23, 2018. Regulation of the Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources number: 25 of 2018 concerning Mineral and Coal Mining Concessions.
- PP23, 2020. Law Number 3 of 2020 concerning Amendments to Law Number 4 of 2009 concerning Mineral and Coal Mining. Coal.
- PR59, 2017. Presidential Regulation Number 59 of 2017 concerning the ratification of the SDGs.
- Rani Lestari, Tonich Uda, Yetrie Ludang, Dehen Erang, Sri Rohaetin, Alexandra Hukom (2021). Local wisdom of community oil palm plantation in Simpang Berambai Village, Central Kalimantan. Acta Scientiae et Intellectus, 7(1): 54-60.
- Saaty Thomas (1993). Pengambilan Keputusan Bagi Para Pemimpin (Proses Hirarki Analitik untuk Pengambilan Keputusan dan Situasi yang Komplek). Jakarta: Terjemahan dari PT Pustaka Binaan Pressindo.
- Salim H.S. (2004). Hukum Pertambangan di Indonesia. Jakarta: PT Raja Grafindo Persada
- Sedayu, A. & Mangkoedihardjo, S. (2018). Performance Evaluation of Housing Contractor by Applying the Principles of Environmentally Friendly Infrastructure, International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology,9(4): 1014–1022.
- Serageldin, I. (1996). Sustainability and the Wealth of Nations, First steps in an ongoing journey. Environmentally Sustainable Development (ESD)Studies and Monographs Series No. 5. World Bank, Washington DC.21p.
- UU3, 2020. Law Number 3 of 2020 concerning Amendments to Law Number 4 of 2009 concerning Mineral and Coal Mining. Coal.
- UU4, 2014. Law no. 6 of 2014 concerning Villages.
- UU4, 2009. Law Number 4 of 2009 concerning Mineral and Coal Mining.
- UUD, 1945. Undang-Undang Dasar 1945 of the Republic of Indonesia.