In Turkish national team skiers and judo athlete’s performance
The purpose of this study was examined variations in skiers and judo athlete’s performance, and to the variation in different aerobic and anaerobic variables. Fifty Turkish skiers and judo athletes were used, competing at the national and international levels. Independent simple-t tests were done statistical analysis. Age and Body weight was higher in judo athletes than skiers. Skiers were aerobic power 47.81 ml/kg/min, anaerobic power 97.72 kg-m/sec, Body fat % 10.73, Number Sit up 27.99 repetition. 50 m sprint time 7.70 sec, Shuttle Run 20.51 sec, and Sit and Reach Flexibility test 21.37 cm. Judo athletes were aerobic power 52.21 ml/kg/min, anaerobic power 132.27 kg-m/sec, Body fat % 9.06, number of Sit up 32.0 repetition, 50 m sprint time 7.25 sec, Shuttle Run 19.52 sec, and Sit and Reach Flexibility test 25.34 cm. There was significant difference in Body fat %, Aerobic power and anaerobic power, Sit up, 50 m sprint time, Shuttle Run, and Sit and Reach Flexibility of the judo and skier groups (p<0,05 and p<0,001). Judo athletes have better values than skiers. For high performance in male Turkish national ski and judo athletes are aerobic and anaerobic power, durability and speed capacities low. Coaches must use training programs to optimize physiological adaptations and increase performance in ski and judo.
Keywords: Ski, Judo, Aerobic and Anaerobic Power, Body Fat
Feyzullah Koca. In Turkish national team skiers and judo athlete’s performance. Acta Scientiae et Intellectus, 3(5)2017, 9-16.
- Ainegren M., Carlsson P., Tinnesten M., Laaksonen M. (2013). Skiing economy and efficiency in recreational and elite cross-country skiers. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research 27, 1239-52.
- Ali PN, Hanachi P, Nejad NR. (2010). The Relation of Body Fats, Anthropometric Factor and Physiological Functions of Iranian Female National Judo Team. Modern Appl Sci, 4:25-9.
- Andersen RE, Montgomery DL. (1988). Physiology of Alpine skiing, Sports Med., Oct;6(4):210-21.
- Bayansalduz M., Afyon YA., Ölçücü B., Hazar K, Albay F. (2016). The relationship between athletic performance and athletic identity perception among football players. Journal of Education and Sociology. 7(1), 17-20. Doi. 10.7813/jes.2016/7-1/3.
- Bingol E., Bayansalduz M. (2016). Evaluating the Level of Exercise Dependence and Psychological Resilience of Athletes from Different Branches. Anthropologist. 3(24), 827-35.
- Callister R, Callister RJ, Staron RS, et al. (1991). Physiological characteristics of elite Judo athletes. Int J Sports Med, 12:196-203.
- Craig, N., Pyke, F., Norton, K., Bourdon, P., Woodford, S., Stanef, T., Squires, B., Oldis, T., Conyers, R. and Walsh, C.B. (1993). Aerobic and anaerobic indices contributing to track endurance cycling performance. European Journal of Applied Physiology and Occupational Physiology 67, 150158.
- Drapsin M, Drid P, Grujic N, Trivic T. (2009). Fitness level of male competitive judo players. J Combat Sports Martial Arts, 1: 27-9.
- Drid P, Maksimovic N, Matic R, et al., (2009). Fitness profiles of elite female judokas of the Serbian national team. Medicina Dello Sport, 62:251-63.
- Franchini E, Alexandre VN, Morisson JM, Vecchio FBD. (2007). Physical fitness and anthropometrical profile of the Brazilian Male Judo team. J Physiol Anthropol, 26:59-67.
- Gibadullin, I.G. (2009). Physical fitness structure and the Integrated Control System in a multi-year training of biathlets: monograph. Izhevsk: IzhSTU, pp: 106.
- Hazar K., Hazar S., Ozturk U. (2016). Düz Alanda Yapılan Antrenman ile Fartlek Antrenmanın Maksimal Oksijen Tüketim Kapasitesine Etkisi. Beden Egitimi ve Spor Bilimleri Dergisi. 10(3), (2016).
- Hopkins, S. and McKenzie, D. (1994). The laboratory assessment of endurance performance in cyclists. Canadian Journal of Applied Physiology 19, 266274.
- Imamoglu O., Kishah N.F., Cebi M., Imamoglu.H. (1999). "The study of Body Composition Parameters on the Turkish National judo Sportsmen," Erzurum Ataturk University, High School of Physical Education and Sport journal, I, N.I, pp.12-18.
- Imamoglu O., Agaoglu S.A., Kishali N.F., Cebi M. (2001). Relationships Among Aerobic Power, Anaerobic Power, Body Fat Percent, Hand Grip and Vital Capacity in National Male Judos, Erzurum Ataturk University, High School of Physical Education and Sport journal, p.2-4, pp.96-101.
- Agaoglu S.A., Imamoglu O., Kishali N.F., Cebi M. (2001). Investigation of Some Physiologic and Anthropometric Characteristics in Turkish National Male Judos, Erzurum Ataturk University, High School of Physical Education and Sport journal, N.1, p. 2-4, pp.59-66
- Katralli J., Goudar S.S. (2012). Anthropometric Profile and Special Judo Fitness levels of Indian Judo Players, Asian Journal of Sports Medicine, Volume 3 (Number 2), Pages: 113-118
- Losnegard T., Hallén J. (2014). Physiological Differences Between Sprintand Distance-Specialized Cross-Country Skiers, International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance, 2014, 9, 25 -31 http://dx.doi.org/10.1123/IJSPP.2013-0066
- Patricia, A.E., Johnson, S.C., Bainbridge, C.N. and Zupan, M.F. (1989). Applied physiology of cross-country skiing. Sports Medicine, 8, 67-79. doi:10.2165/00007256-198908020-00001
- Rusko, H., Have, M. and Karvinen, E. (1978). Aerobic performance capacity in athletes. European Journal of Applied Physiology and Occupational Physiology, 38, 151-159. doi:10.1007/BF00421531
- Sandbakk, O., Holmberg, H.-C., Leirdal, S. and Ettema, G. (2011). The physiology of world-class sprint skiers. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports, 21, e9-e16. doi:10.1111/j.1600-0838.2010.01117.x
- Sandbakk O., Holmberg H. (2014). A reappraisal of sucess factors for olympic cross-coutnry skiing. International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance 9, 117-121.
- Singh S, Gaurav V, Malhotra V. A. (2011). Study of Physical and Physiological characteristics of male judokas. Indian Streams Res J; 1:1- 4.
- Yildiz S.A. (2012). What is the Meaning of Aerobic and Anaerobic Capacity? Solunum Dergisi; 14:1–8, (Ek: Supplement). www.solunum.org.tr
- Yarim I, Cetin E., Keles B.A. (2016). Effect of Aerobic High-Intensity Interval Training on VO2max and Anaerobic Power in Cross-Country Skiers, Journal of Sports Science 4 287-292 doi: 10.17265/2332-7839/2016.05.005
- Yuki D., Taewoong, O., Setsuko, N. (2013). The Yo-Yo tests and twelve-minute run test performance in young Japanese cross-country skiers, Open Journal of Preventive Medicine Vol.3, No.2, 246-250. http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/ojpm.2013.32033
- Hazar, Kürşat, Serkan Hazar, And Uğur Öztürk. "Düz Alanda Yapılan Antrenman İle Fartlek Antrenmanın Maksimal Oksijen Tüketim Kapasitesine Etkisi." Beden Egitimi ve Spor Bilimleri Dergisi 10.3 (2016).