Examination of some physical fitness characteristics in 13-14 year old footballers
The objective of this study is to examine some physical fitness characteristics of 13-14 years old male football players. A total of 74 children were included in the study who participated in FCBescola, Kartepe 2013 football camp. 46 of them are licensed active male football players, (n=22) 13-year-olds and (n=24) 14-year-olds who are playing in different sports clubs. 28 of them are sedentary males, (n=13) 13-year-olds and (n=15) 14-year-olds, who are living in Children Welfare Homes. Measurements of height, weight, body mass index, Illinois agility test and 30-meter sprint, flamingo balance test, grip strength and sit and reach test were carried out. The data obtained were recorded with SPSS 20 program. Independent t test was used to find out the differences between groups, while Pearson Correlation test was used to analyze the associations between the variables and the level of significance was taken as p<0.05. For 13-year-old footballer and sedentary groups the results were found as follows, respectively: body mass index (18,80±1.20 and 20,09±1,76) Illionis agility test (18,92±2,01 and 21,23±2,07 sec), 30 meter sprint (5,22±1,35 and 5,96±1,86 sec), balance (4,50±3,07 and 4,12±2,75), right hand grip (21,2±3,0 and 16,3±1,8 kg), left hand grip (17,3±3,2 and 13,9±1,2 kg), sit and reach test (22,12±3,42 and 21,76±2,96 cm), while the results were found as follows for 14-year-old footballer and sedentary groups, respectively: body mass index (19,20±1,4 and 19,56±2,19), Illionis agility test (17,75±1,85±21,20±2,02 sec), 30 meter sprint (4,99±1,12 and 5,95±1,43 sec), balance (4,20±2,87 and 4,48±2,25), right hand grip (26,3±3,2 and 17,3±1,9 kg), left hand grip 24,0±2,5 and 15,2±2,1 kg) sit and reach test (22,12±3,42 and 22,23±3,75 cm). Statistically significant differences were found between athletes and sedentary group and between 13-year-olds and 14-year-olds in terms of Illinois agility test, 30-meter sprint, right and left hand grip strength values (p<0.05). Differences were found between some physical fitness characteristics of 13 and 14 years old male football players.
Keywords: Football, Physical Fitness, Child
Hakan Acar, Erkut Tutkun. Examination of some physical fitness characteristics in 13-14 year old footballers. Acta Scientiae et Intellectus, 3(5)2017, 35-44.
- Acikada C., Ergen E. (1990). Bilim ve Spor. Buro-Tek Ofset Matbaacilik, Ankara.
- Akin H. (1999). Puberte donemi sedanterler ile futbolcularin bazi antropometrik ve biomotorik ozelliklerinin karsilastirilmasi. Unpublished Master Thesis.Sakarya Universitesi. Sakarya.
- Aslan CS., Koc H., Koklu Y. (2011). Sporcu ve sedanter erkeklerde 18-30 yas periyodunun kuvvet, anaerobik guc ve esneklik uzerine etkileri. Saglik Bilimleri Dergisi. 20(1) 48-53.
- Biyikli T., and Cimen K. (2017). A comparison of the basic motoric characteristics of children aged between 6 and 12 chosen after 24 weeks of educational games. International Journal of Current Research. 9;07:54181-24184.
- Borms J. (1986). The child and exercise: An Overview. J. Sports Sci. 4: 3-20.
- Capranica L., Cama G., Fanton F., Tessitore A., Figura F. (1992). Force and power of preferred and non-preferred leg in young soccer players. J Sports Med and Physical Fitness; 31,358- 363.
- Cimen K. (2017). An evaluatıon of the relatıonshıp between the Chosen basıc motorıc characterıstıcs of Students aged from 6 to 12 doıng regular Exercıses and some varıables. International Journal of Development Research. 07; 08:4799-14801.
- Eniseler N. (1995). Futbolda suratin gorunumu. Futbol Bilim ve Teknoloji Dergisi, I (1),3-5.
- Evcik D., Kizilay B., Geriatrik hastalarda el kavrama gucu ve gunluk yasam aktivitelerindeki yetersizlik duzeyi ile iliskisi, Geriatri Dergisi, 2001, 4 (1); 11-14.
- Eyuboglu E., Aslan CS. (2016). U-15 Futbol takimi oyuncularinin motorik ozelliklerinin belirlenmesi, International Journal of Science Culture and Sport (IntJSCS); 4:(SI 3): 864-869.
- Figueiredo AJ, Goncalves CE., Coelho E., et al. (2009). Youth soccer players, 11-14 years Maturity, size, function, skill and goal orientation. Annals of Human Biology (36), 60-73.
- Getchell B. (1979). Physical Fitness: A Way of Life, 2nd ed. New York: John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Gokmen H., Karagul T., Asci FH. (1995), Psikomotor Gelisim. Genclik ve Spor Genel Mudurlugu Yayinlari, Ankara.
- Gunay M., Cigerci AE., Aksen P. (2011). The evaluation of some physical and motor features of the female and male students aged 12–14 who participated in sports or not bulletin of the transilvania University of Brasov Series VIII: Art. Sport.4 (53) No.1.
- Kirandi, O. (2016). The Effects of Regular Exercise on the Physical Fitness Levels Internatıonal Journal of Envıronmental & Scıence Educatıon. 11;16:9457-9468.
- Kirandi. O., Sahin M. (2016). The Effects of Beginner Level Pılates Exercıses on Physıcal Fıtness Parametres Among Sedentary Women. Journal of Health, Sport and Tourism. 7;1:5-13.
- Kizilet A., Atilan O., Erdemir I. (2010). 12-14 yas grubu basketbol oyuncularinin cabukluk ve sicrama yetilerine farkli kuvvet antrenmanlarinin etkisi. Atabesbd 2010; 12 (2):44-57.
- Lagerstrom C., Nordgren B. (1998). On the reliability and. usefulness of methods for grip strength measurement. Scand J Rehab Med 30: 113-119.
- Ozkara A. (2002). Futbolda Testler. Ankara: Ilksan Matbaacilik, 206.
- Pekel H., Bagci E., Guzel N., et al. (2006). Spor yapan cocuklarda performansla ilgili fiziksel uygunluk test sonuclariyla antropometrik ozelikler arasindaki iliskilerin degerlendirilmesi. Kastamonu Egitim Dergisi, 14:1.
- Polat Y., Cinar V., Savucu Y., Polat M. (2009). 16 Yas genclerin fiziksel uygunluk duzeylerinin incelenmesi. NWSA Academic J; 4:1-9.
- Philippaerts RM., Vaeyens R., Janssens M., Van Renterghem B., Matthys D., Craen R., Bourgois J.,
- Beunen G., Malina RM. (2006). The relationship between peak height velocity and physical performance in youth football players. Journal of Sports Sciences. 24,221-230.
- Roozen M. Action-reaction: Illinois Agility Test. NSCA Perform Training J. 2008;3(5):5–6.
- Selcuk H. (2013). 11-13 yas grubu erkek yuzuculerde 12 haftalik terabant antrenmaninin bazi motorik ozellikler ile yuzme performansina etkileri. Selcuk Universitesi, Konya.
- Stolen T., Chamari K., Castagna C., Wisløff U.(2005). Phys. Soc. Sport Med. 35:6,501-536.
- Sundstrup E., Jakobsen MD., Andersen JL., Randers MB., Petersen J., Suetta C., Aagard P., Krustrup P. (2010). Muscle function and postural balance in lifelong trained male footballers compared with sedentary elderly men and youngsters. Scand J Med Sci Sports 20 (Suppl 1): 90-97.
- Tamer K. (1995). Sporda Fiziksel–Fizyolojik Performansinin olculmesi ve Degerlendirilmesi. Turkerler Kitabevi. Ankara.
- Tamer K. (2000). Sporda Fiziksel-Fizyolojik Performans Olculmesi ve Degerlendirilmesi. Bagirgan Yayimevi, Ankara.